Wednesday, March 13, 2013

5 Things & a Liebster!!

Lisa tagged me in this 5 things thing and Emily gave me a Liebster (internet blog award, cool, right?) so I guess I have to do it?! I am supposed to share 5 things about myself and then answer Emily's questions.
Thanks for the tags ladies!

1.
This isn't that big of a secret, but I love decorating my house. For cheap. I just remodeled our guest room and never had to go to the store. The thrill of a good bargain is one of the best feelings!

2.
I think I might be the opposite of a hoarder. If I look around our house and it is too cluttered I get the urge to just throw it all in the trash. Then, the cheap side of me comes out and is like "there is no way you are throwing things away!" internal war ensues and  in a few days my house will be reorganized.

3.
I hate laundry. I try and try, but there is nothing I can do to stay on a good laundry schedule. I am convinced that if I mastered this my life would be so much more simpler. Any tips?

4.
Eric and I have one of the most confusing "how we met, fell in love, got married, had kids" stories ever. And I love it. But it is just so hard to put into words because there is absolutely no way to shorten it. Every time I try to shorten it, I get asked more questions and then there I go onto a short story that borderlines novel.

5.
I would LOVE to buy a dress from Shabby Apple, but I can never go through with it. The idea of spending that much on a dress (and online!) is enough to make me faint. Maybe one day I will do it. Most likely not though.


And now on to Emily's questions:


1. If you had to eat one thing or meal all day for a week, what would it be?
3 way tie? Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce and a dr. pepper, Deer Steak, and Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole. Is that cheating?

2. When you get to go out by yourself (or with a friend/relative), what do you do? Or what would you want to do?
Shopping. More specifically bargain shopping at a thrift store and then go to eat somewhere.

3. Do you find your children have similar temperaments?
HA! They are day and night, but they mesh really well together (so far!)

4. Sweet or salty?
SWEET!

5. When you are with your husband, who usually drives? What about on longer road trips?
Eric usually drives. For a lot of reasons. :)



6. What's a "chore" that you secretly (or not so secretly) enjoy doing (I won't tell anyone)?
I really don't mind painting rooms. I love to see the progress and I just got done painting our guest room last night.

7. Are you a morning person or night owl?
Night owl who wishes she was a morning person.

8. What was the last book you read & was it any good (this is a selfish q, as I need some suggestions)?
Emma by Jane Austen. Another good one is Unplanned by Abby Johnson, but I think just about everyone has read that one by now!

9. If you could go on any vacation (expenses paid) with your kids & husband, where would you go? What would you do there?
ITALY! Do I really need to say what we would do?

10. I'm at your house. What would I see?
Lots of toys, some laundry and a lot of grey and blue walls. Oh and whites I love white!

So I am turning right around and nominating

Lisa (I know you have most likely already gotten a Liebster, but here you go!)

Billie Jo

Mary and Christine @ Friendaversary

Jamie

Patty

Here are your questions, and don't forget to nominate 5 people your selves and to share 5 things about yourself!!

1. Do you subscribe to any magazines, and if so what are they?

2. Best dessert you ever had?

3. If money didn't matter what is the one thing you would splurge on right now?

4. Dream vacay? DISH!

5. Share something that made you smile or LaughOutLoud today.

6. If there was one thing that you could learn how to do what would it be?

7. What are your hobbies?

8. Summer plans?

9. Do you hit the "snooze" button in the morning and if so how many times?

10. If your day had a soundtrack what would be the top 3 songs?

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Brooke, Dwija is giving away a $50 giftcard to Shabby Apple on her blog!

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

How handy dandy that we came together in this glorious, stylish way today! Love. It.

Emily said...

YAY! So fun! Great answers!

And I love your questions. : ) Thanks for participating!

Billie Jo said...

Thanks so much for the tag Brooke! I am posting it tomorrow! Oh and this is weird, but I love Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce and dr.pepper...it is like my fave food court meal!

Lisa G. said...

Laundry...blech. If you came over right now, you would see our underwear and all other clothes plastered throughout the living room.

And I haven't received a Liebster! So THANK YOU! :)

Patty said...

Thanks, sweet Brooke, for thinking of me :) I went onto the dress website....love! I clicked on dresses...then polkadot dresses, and scrolled down when my eyes fell upon "Blue Eyes". I just bought one in that style, but black and cream, at Kohls for half the price (sale). A Lauren Conrad dress I believe. I bought it for my daughter's upcoming confirmation. But I hope you win that gift card anyway! I would go to Italy...wish I would've been there today! And as far as bargain shopping goes...I tell my hubs it's the thrill of the hunt!! LOL

Patty said...

BTW, I won't be able to get back to this right away...field trip tomorrow and then chaperoning a confirmation retreat over the weekend ;)

Rosie said...

Pssst I tagged you, too ;)

http://rosie-ablogformymom.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-and-five-things.html

But Emily's was more recent - feel free to ignore mine, although I've done two because I think they're fun!

FriendaversaryBlog said...

Brooke, we are a little behind on blogging but thank you for tagging us! We will try to get to it ASAP :)